MassDOT began plans to transition to an all-electronic tolling system in 2012.
The program is now known as EZDriveMA, Massachusetts all-electronic tolling system.
The program offers toll payment options using your E-ZPass transponder or using your vehicle license plate for Pay By Plate MA.
Massachusetts all-electronic tolling system opened October 28, 2016. The system operates on the following MassDOT roads:
- Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90)
- Sumner Tunnel
- Callahan Tunnel
- Ted Williams Tunnel
- Tobin Memorial Bridge
- Save you time and money.
- Increase safety for the traveling public.
- End sudden braking and congestion at toll plazas.
- Improve air quality by reducing emissions from vehicles idling in toll lanes.
- End toll violations.
EZDriveMA Toll Payment Options
- E-ZPass MA – A pre-paid transponder based option with discounted tolls.
- E-ZPass – A pre-paid transponder issued by an agency from another state.
- Pay By Plate MA Registered – A license plate based account option.
- Pay By Plate MA Invoice – A license plate based invoice option.